Programs Manager: PACE Financial Servicing
About PACE Financial Servicing
PACE Financial Servicing, LLC (PFS) is a full service Commercial PACE (C-PACE) Program Administration company that combines an unmatched track record in C-PACE program design, implementation and administration with extensive expertise in servicing property tax surcharges. Founded by the architects of the Connecticut and Maryland Commercial PACE Programs, PFS policy expertise in Commercial PACE is frequently sought after by national, state, and local policy makers. Our mission is to create an open-market, standard, low-cost C-PACE administrative platform for states and local jurisdictions, designed to drive private sector C-PACE investment and scale the C-PACE market.
PFS is investor-funded and headquartered in Darien, CT with an office in Bethesda, Maryland.
Programs Manager: The Programs Manager supports the efforts of PFS to scale into new markets and leads the day to day management of the Maryland Commercial PACE Program (MD-PACE) and other programs in which PFS is an active service provider. This role reports directly to PFS’ Managing Director.
The Manager will be responsible for evaluating and recommending new market opportunities, reviewing state policy and legal documents, and support the implementation of the market entry strategy. Key responsibilities will include:
For PACE Financial Services Generally
- Support PFS’s relationship and represent PFS externally with state and local PACE administrators, the Mid-Atlantic PACE Alliance, the Department of Energy, PACE Nation, and other national policy and program groups.
- Relentlessly stay up-to-date with national, state and local PACE policy dynamics
- Explore growth opportunities for PFS’s program administration in markets outside Maryland
- Work with Managing Director to craft and review core program documents in new states and liaise with core stakeholders – such as municipalities and capital providers -to obtain input and buy into program documents.
- Manage day to day operations of the MD-PACE program and other programs in which PFS is an active service provider.
For Mid-Atlantic PACE Programs
- Act as primary liaison to MD-PACE and VA-PACE Program sponsors, the Maryland Clean Energy Center and the Virginia PACE Authority.
- Act as primary liaison to participating municipalities and counties.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our governmental and not-for-profit partners
- Recruit new municipalities and counties in Maryland and Northern Virginia; work with elected officials and local government finance and law offices to review and adopt enabling C-PACE legislation at the local level.
- Plan and execute both statewide and localized education and marketing events with key program stakeholder groups, including property owners, contractors, banks, and C-PACE lenders.
- Review and approve C-PACE Applications and C-PACE capital provider lending documents to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and programmatic guidelines.
- Supervise PFS’ Servicing partner and refine SOPs to ensure accurate and timely C-PACE assessment billing, collections and remittance of funds to C-PACE lenders.
- Ensuring accuracy of all PACE assessment schedules transmitted to county tax collectors
- Maintain CRM (Salesforce) of C-PACE Applications
- Develop metrics and reporting on growth and impact of C-PACE programs.
- 4+ years in a work environment in which candidate was involved in autonomous project management
- Proven experience in or with public policy making or state or local government administration
- Bachelor’s and advanced degrees from a top university required; legal or policy graduate work preferred
- Goal-oriented mentality. Ability to learn quickly. Drive.
- Exceptional ability to self-manage a large volume of tasks and projects and ability respond to changes in priority
- Detail-oriented and extreme attention to the accuracy of information in outward facing work products reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills (phone and in-person) and written and verbal communication skills
- High level of adaptability to a quickly changing environment
- Ability to see around corners and express risks and issues accurately and effectively
- Organizational skills and awareness; ability to manage complexity
- Passion for PACE Financial Servicing’s vision and the clean energy / PACE space
- Willingness to pitch in across the organization
- Office located close in Bethesda, MD with some travel expected in Maryland and Northern Virginia
- Social activities and a work-life balance philosophy
- Paid time off; health care, FSA, commuter benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated individuals that want to grow with a rapidly expanding organization and further their career path.
For more information or to apply, please contact Genevieve Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org